PROTEI GGSN/PDN-GW is GPRS Gateway Service Node which is the heart of PS Core Network of mobile operator, responsible for data routing between GPRS Core network via GTP protocol and external IP-networks.
GGSN/PDN-GW takes part in PDP context activation sending authentication requests to the RADIUS server (that may be part of PCEF in some setups), as well as interaction with the DNS servers to determine IP-address assigned to the requested APN.
PROTEI GGSN/PDN-GW acts as the gateway between the packet core and the external packet- or IP-based networks, such as Internet, Intranet and maintains all necessary information about networks where GPRS-users can access, as well as the connection parameters.
PROTEI GGSN/PDN-GW is developed in accordance with international standards of 3GPP specifications for deployment in GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/WCDMA/HSPA networks.
In conjunction with Serving GPRS Support Nodes (SGSNs) PROTEI GGSN/PDN-GW performs the following functions:
- Establishment and maintenance of subscriber IP or peer-to-peer type PDP contexts;
- Data traffic routing between the subscriber‘s MS (mobile phone, notebook with dongle, etc.) and Packet Data Networks (PDNs).
PROTEI GGSN/PDN-GW is flexibly scalable: in case of data traffic increasing additional GGSN-modules are installed to provide greater total throughput of the entire system. Constant development keeps the system on the edge of technologies and allows to support LTE/EPC modern networks and multi-access requirements such as Wi-Fi, etc.
- Pre-integrated with PROTEI DPI/PCEF for the most flexible data traffic processing
- GGSN and PDN-GW in one solution
- Maximum effectiveness of data routing between GPRS Core network and external IP-networks
- Accordance with international standards of 3GPP specifications